[Pw_forum] atomic positions

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 23:18:02 CET 2011

Dear Abalore,

I suppose, what you really need are
1. Reading any textbook on solid state physics
2. Learning example files (download from QE web-site).

Please do simple tests before starting a large job. Only in this way you can
understand what you are doing, i.e. you can understand how parameters you assign
affect on results.

As concerns atomic positions, either search on Internet or have a look at
http://cst-www.nrl.navy.mil/lattice>

Good luck!

Bests,
Eyvaz.
Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University,
Sweden

Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys,
Russia,

isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com