[Pw_forum] [Pw_Forum] heat capacity

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 15:12:56 CET 2011

Dear Wilfredo,

Can you, please, send me your input file, so that I can try to build the BZ for
your case.

You can get phonon DOS by means of matdyn.x  and  then use it (you shoud add a
few additional info, see PHDOS.out file) in combination with F_QHA.x file. This
will give you C_v, S and internal energy only. If you are interested in C_v at
low temperature limit (~10K and lower) then you can use the analytical
expression C_v=234*(T/Theta_D)^3 (in units of R)

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University,
Sweden

Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys,
Russia,

isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com