[Pw_forum] Need Pseudo potentials

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at materials.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 11:13:08 CET 2011

Dear Priyanka,

there are a few projects that make their pseudopotentials
available - if you go to
http://quantum-espresso.org/pseudo.php
and click on the left ("Notes") you'll see the links.

The Fritz-Haber package, in particular, has a Troullier-Martin
pseudopotential for Rubidium, that could be converted into UPF
using the converter fhi2upf (in upftools).

Once you have generated/converted the pseudo, test it. Does the
atom come out with PWSCF as it does in the pseudo code (same
pseudoeigenvalues, once you take into account that the zero
of energy is different)? Are there other calculations you can compare
yourself to?

			nicola