[Pw_forum] Band structure of non-metallic antiferromagnet

Lorenzo Paulatto Lorenzo.Paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Mon Feb 7 16:21:29 CET 2011

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:04:46 +0100, Paolo Giannozzi
<giannozz at democritos.it> wrote:
> actually the input documentation says
>                  If you fix the magnetization with "tot_magnetization",
>                  you should not specify starting_magnetization.
> Setting starting_magnetization should be sufficient to produce an AFM
> state (if the systems wants to go there)

The documentation is wrong: unfortunately a check slipped in the code
which requires a starting_magnetization to be specified even when the
magnetization is constrained IF AND ONLY IF the constraint is specified
with constrained_magnetization='total', fixed_magnetization(3)=XXX.

Workaround: use tot_magnetization instead. I.e. change:

  constrained_magnetization='total'
  fixed_magnetization(3)=XXX

  tot_magnetization=XXX

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto (IdR)
IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Université P&M Curie