[Pw_forum] Normalization of the Wave Functions

Michele Pisarra michelepisarra at yahoo.it
Fri Dec 23 16:34:39 CET 2011

Dear QE users,
I used QE to calculate the one electron wave functions. In my calculation I found out that the one electron wave function are not normalized to unity. I searched through the forum and made some checks and I found out that these is due to the fact that I used Ultrasoft PseudoPotentials. Unfortunately what I have to do with the wave functions is memory and time consuming and is very sensitive to the number of plane waves of the basis set, so I can't use Norm Conserving PseudoPotential. However I need to enter the one electron wave functions in some matrix element calculations and I don't know if I have to normalize them or I have to use them as they are given by the software.

I take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Thank you.Michele Pisarra, PhD Student,
Dipartimento di Fisica, Università della Calabria
Via P. Bucci, Cubo 31 C VI piano, 87036, Rende (CS), Italy