[Pw_forum] Problem with Ni/Ni3Al system

martins at if.uff.br martins at if.uff.br
Mon Aug 29 23:17:34 CEST 2011

Dear Eugenio, Dear all:

> Dear brazilian coleague, I didn't find anythig wrong with your
> input. So, I succeded and it is still    > running (is now in the
> first iteration..). Anything wasnt changed... Best regards! Abraço!
> Egn

Motivated by your message, I re-run the calculation, but now using
just ONE processor (before, I runned the calculation in four
processors, using MPI). Now the program works!

Thus, I have two questions:

(i) Is it possible to be a version problem? I'm using the 4.3.2
version of the Quantum Espresso.

(ii) I can be a compilation problem? In this case I supply other
information: I runned other calculations for other supercell
dimensions and using MPI (4 processors) and the calculations were fine!

Best regards to all,

Adriano

Adriano de Souza Martins
Professor Adjunto III