[Pw_forum] phonon instability

GAO Zhe flux_ray12 at 163.com
Wed Aug 24 20:21:52 CEST 2011

As I know, frozen phonon method is not implemented in QE. You can use frozen-ph method either by the free software "phon", http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucfbdxa/, or make it manually like this tutorial: http://www.abinit.org/documentation/helpfiles/for-v6.8/tutorial/lesson_rf1.html, even though it is from Abinit. After all, once we have DFPT, why do you wanna frozen-ph ?

--
GAO Zhe
CMC Lab, MSE, SNU, Seoul, S.Korea