[Pw_forum] problem with Sc-pseudo

Henry Ortiz hmortizmn1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 00:07:58 CEST 2011

Dear all ...

I have been working with the pseudo Sc.pbe-nsp-van.UPF obtained from the
 database at the quantum-espresso web page. In order to test it I set up a
calculation for ScN, with Rs and Zb structure but I got really bad
frequencies. After some check, it seems to me that the problem relies on the
Sc pseudo. Does anybody have experience with this pseudos or if you happen
to have a good Sc soft pseudo it will greatly appreciate it? or if no, can
somebody help me or giving me some hints on how to create a good soft
pseudo?

Thanks in  advance

--
Henry Ortiz