[Pw_forum] further: born charges in rhombohedral unit cell.

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Fri Apr 8 11:30:13 CEST 2011

I don't  know how to explain.. but when things are exactly zero it's
because there is a symmetry reason.
like a mirror plane or something ...
If your symmetry allows the born effective charge to be non zero they
will, much or little depending on the details of the system.

Are the symmetry operations determined in the two systems the same ?

stefano