[Pw_forum] Calculational equation of PDOS

xirainbow nkxirainbow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:11:48 CEST 2011

Dear Professor Gabriele Sclauzero:
After reading your thesis, I examine the Si.pbe-rrkj.UPF and find that there
is not d orbital for Si.

This the date in Si.pbe-rrkj.UPF:
    2    3             Number of Wavefunctions, Number of Projectors
 Wavefunctions         nl  l   occ
                       3S  0  2.00
                       3P  1  2.00
<PP_BETA>
    1    0             Beta    L
    2    0             Beta    L
    3    1             Beta    L

However, in the table II of Phys. Rev. B 26, 4199 (1982,Pseudopotentials
that work From H to Pu), the configurations used to derive pseudopotential
always have d orbital for all kinds of atoms, including H.

Does this sugguest that there is no pseudopotential for d orbital in
Si.pbe-rrkj.UPF?
Does this sugguest that the pdos of d orbital is always zero based on
Si.pbe-rrkj.UPF?
I am a little confused:(