[Pw_forum] Problem to run GIPAW

Emine Kucukbenli kucukben at sissa.it
Fri Apr 1 14:39:37 CEST 2011

Dear Ronaldo,
If I am not mistaken,as the difference between up spin - down spin
density is zero, the code gets confused how to choose the
majority/minority spin and doesnt assign anything to these arrays but
they will still be called during the program.That is why you end up
with a segmentation fault I believe.

I think a fixed assignment would do for now if you know what you are doing :
in g_tensor_crystal.f90 , line 106
   else
      write ( stdout, * ) "WARNING: rho_diff zero!"
      s_maj=1
      s_min=npsin
   end if

mind that I dont know if this would mess something else somewhere else
in the code, apparently it has never been used for abs(tot spin
density difference) < 1.0d-3 case
I dont see how this is a problem when you are running with option
'nmr' though..

emine kucukbenli, phd student, sissa, italy