[Pw_forum] the keyword in the pw.x

archygu archygu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 15:03:06 CEST 2010

Dear QE Users,

As a beginner of QE, I get problem in understanding some keywords in PW.x, it will be very kind of you to give me a more

detailed explanation:

nbnd: acturally I do not know how to use this parameter , sometimes, a lot of levels appear in the valence bands, but only several in the conduction band.
         so I want to know how can I accurately set the parameter, then can obtain the energy levels properly.

nosym: if it is true, that means the symmetry in the structure will be ignored?

nraise: how can we define one "nraise" step, it is the same as one time step if we set nraise=1;

many thanks for you help.

2010-09-30

archygu,NTU