[Pw_forum] negative values in XANES

jiayudai daijiayu at nudt.edu.cn
Wed Sep 29 16:46:27 CEST 2010

Dear developers and users,

I am doing the calculation for the XANES of CHx system. There is a problem that the absorption is always negative, locating at about -100 eV. According to my understanding, the absorption should be positive. Besides, the fermi energy in my systems is very high, about tens of eV (high pressure). Therefore, if i used the cutoff of fermi energy, the absorption should be very small. Is it reasonable? Or there is some problems in the calculations?

Thanks in advance.

Jiayu