[Pw_forum] dosup and pdosup in pdos_tot file

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Wed Sep 22 10:07:51 CEST 2010

On 09/12/2010 08:11 PM, B. Koa wrote:
> Dear PWScf Users
>
> It seems that "dosup" and "pdosup" which are in the pdos_tot file must
> be equal and really they are equal in many cases. But in some cases
> they differ a very bit with each other. I think that the origin of
> this very small difference is only the numerical procedure and not any
> physical one. Am I correct ?

I don't think your statement is correct. DOS (density of states) and
PDOS (projected DOS) are not the same quantity (otherwise why should one
give them distinct names?). Please spend some time in searching their
respective definitions (on textbooks, in the forum archives, or even
looking at the code itself).

Regards,

GS

> Many Thanks