[Pw_forum] Do you think we could fix certain bond length during the relax calculation

vega lew quantumdft at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 19:30:29 CEST 2010

  Dear all,

I want to calculate the energy barrier for breaking certain bond on
solid surface. The NEB is most straightforward method to do this. But my
system is very large, the NEB is very time consuming method. So I want
to fix the bond to a series of length, such as 1.0A, 1.1A, 1.2A, 1.3A
......, and plot the energy profile during the bond stretch process.
But I found the Q-E have no direct command to control the bond length of
the system. How could I cope with this problem of Q-E?

thank you in advance. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

best wishes,

vega

Vega Lew ( weijia liu)
Graduate student
State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, China
Email: vegalew at gmail.com
Office: Room A705, Technical Innovation Building,
Xinmofan Road 5#, Nanjing, China