[Pw_forum] where does pp.x get degauss from for plot_num = 3?

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Sat Sep 18 19:20:23 CEST 2010

On Sep 16, 2010, at 22:22 , J. D. Burton wrote:

>  Where does the pp.x program get the value of degauss that it uses
> to smear out the eigenvalues for the ldos calculation? I want to
> try changing this to see what happens to the result.

the value of degauss (and of "ngauss", used to select the kind of
smearing)

is read from the xml data file, if present. Rather than trying to
locate where
it is read, take inspiration from PP/dos.f90 (search for  "gauss")

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222