[Pw_forum] Quantum Espresso installed, but examples not running

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Sat Sep 11 22:08:47 CEST 2010

On Sep 11, 2010, at 20:15 , Alexander Eftimiades wrote:

> I hope I came to the right place to ask this question.

you did

> If there is a pointer in there I missed please tell me.

2.7.1
[...] If you get mysterious errors in the provided tests and
examples: your compiler, or your mathematical
libraries, or MPI libraries, or a combination thereof, is very likely
buggy. Although the presence of subtle
bugs in QUANTUM ESPRESSO that are not revealed during the testing
phase can never be ruled out,
it is very unlikely that this happens on the provided tests and
examples.

10.1.0.9 pw.x crashes with segmentation fault or similarly obscure
messages
Possible reasons:

     * too much RAM memory or stack requested (see next item).
     * if you are using highly optimized mathematical libraries,
verify that they are designed for your hardware.
     * If you are using aggressive optimization in compilation,
verify that you are using the appropriate options for your machine
     * The executable was not properly compiled, or was compiled on a
different and incompatible environment.
     * buggy compiler or libraries: this is the default explanation
if you have problems with the provided tests and examples.

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222