[Pw_forum] segmentation fault in PWcond calcuation

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Sep 9 14:07:33 CEST 2010

Il giorno 09/set/2010, alle ore 13.34, Dimpy Sharma ha scritto:

> Hi there,
>
> I was trying to calculate transmisson using pwcond,The system contains 282 atoms,

It's a lot of atoms for the memory requirements of PWcond. Have you tried with a smaller system?

> my scf calculation for both the lead and scattering run successfully but while running the Pwcond,the calculation stops without giving CRASH file.The output file crashes with the following
>
> 6_656: (392.304688) net_send: could not write to fd=5, errno = 32
> Segmentation fault
>
> segmentation fault.

Most probably you have run out of memory. Try with a smaller system or reduce the PW cutoffs or provide more memory per process (e.g. by running with less processes than the total number of CPUs available per node).

HTH

GS

> Any advice welcome.
> Thanks and regards