[Pw_forum] HCP and FCC site energy difference on Cu 111

Cyrille Barreteau cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Thu Sep 2 09:07:56 CEST 2010

Dear  Wong Kelvin

In copper the difference of energy for an adatom in fcc or hcp is very
small, see for example:
http://prb.aps.org/abstract/PRB/v70/i7/e075415

6 mev seems a very reasonable number.

cyrille

Cyrille Barreteau  | phone : +33 (0)1 69 08 29 51
CEA Saclay         | fax   : +33 (0)1 69 08 84 46
IRAMIS, SPCSI      | email cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Batiment 462       |
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  FRANCE
http://iramis.cea.fr/Pisp/cyrille.barreteau/