[Pw_forum] Brillouin Zone for my supercell

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 20:03:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

Let me add that BZ is defined by crystal lattice type (irrespective of supercell
or simple lattice). So, if you know (should know) Brave lattice type (ibrav),
then  have look at  Bradley and  Cracknell textbook "The Mathematical Theory of
Symmetry in Solids: Representation Theory for Point Groups and Space Groups"  or
visit Bilbao Crystallographic Server.  Yes, XCrysDen is helpful if you have a
complex structure (non-cubic and non-hexagonal) where the shape of IBZ  depends
on the axis ratio.

Bests,
Eyvaz.
Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University,
Sweden

Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys,
Russia,

isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com