[Pw_forum] Supercell in GWW calculations

Geoffrey Stenuit stenuit at sissa.it
Sun Oct 24 15:31:37 CEST 2010

Dear S.D. Wang,

It depends on what you are computing: molecule or periodic system. For
a molecule, as you know, the answer is a 1x1x1 sc with enough vacuum
around it. For a periodic system, it depends on the size of the cell
in the real space.

Anyway for both cases, the GWW code computes only the GWW eigenvalues
at the gamma point. Nevertheless, a 2X2X2 or 3x3x3 or beyond sc should
be used for improving the accuracy of the exchange part of the
eigenvalues.

For more informations, please have a look on your webpage (tutorial part)
http://gww.qe-forge.org/index.php?page=tutorial

Hope it helps,

Joe