[Pw_forum] xspectra calculation

Matteo Calandra matteo.calandra at impmc.jussieu.fr
Wed Oct 20 17:13:39 CEST 2010

>Dear Matteo,

>So when we just do the dipolar part, we don't need to care about the
>k vector, right?

yes, it is not used.

>Besides, in order to  compare with an experimental spectrum, is it necessary to cut
>the occupied state below Fermi energy level within our Xspectra calculation ?
>In that case, we should set "cut_occ_states" = .true. and
>"ef_r" equal to the fermi energy we got in the scf calculation. Is it?

Yes. However if you have a small gap insulator, introduction of a
core-hole can lead to a metallic system (close the gap). In this case it is
not clear where to cut. Actually in this case the static core-hole
approximation is probably incorrect.
For metals it is even worst.

M.

Best regards,

Min Wu
2010-10

--
* * * *
Matteo Calandra, Charge de Recherche (CR1)