[Pw_forum] network problem for parallel calculations

Mithra Chan chan.mithra at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:06:48 CEST 2010

Dear Lorenzo,

Thanks for you suggestion. I think that would not work. Because the job is
distributed randomly, I do not know which node it will lated at. I tried by
setting outdir='./' and coy the INPUT file to $TMP then run it locally. In
this case it write files locally, but I got an error which says "from davcio
: error #        10  error while writing to file".

Best regards,

Mithra Chan

2010/10/18 Lorenzo Paulatto <Lorenzo.Paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr>

> Dear Mithra,
> by default, QE should use the current directory as temporary space.
> However, you can control this behavior busing the keyword
> outdir="/whatever/directory" in the &control namelist (check the manual
> Doc/INPUT_PW.txt !!!).
>
> > INDIR=`pwd`
> > echo $TMP    > $INDIR/tmpdir
> > cd $TMP
>
> This should work, but if $TMP is empty, than it will just use the home
> directory!
>
> > cp $TMP/* .
>
> are you sure copying everything to the home directory is not stalling the
> network?
>
> best regards
>

> --
> Lorenzo Paulatto
> post-doc @ IMPMC/UPMC - Université Paris 6
> phone: +33 (0)1 44 27 74 89
> www:   http://www-int.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/<http://www-int.impmc.upmc.fr/%7Epaulatto/>
>
> previously (take note of the change!):
> phd student @ SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)
> phone: +39 040 3787 511
> www:   http://people.sissa.it/~paulatto/<http://people.sissa.it/%7Epaulatto/>

Dr. Mithra Chan,
Department of Physics, National University of Singapore, Singapore
chan.mithra at gmail.com