[Pw_forum] k_point for sheet in bands calculation

Duy Le ttduyle at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 16:19:17 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Farzad Molani <farzad_c81 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm goimg to study electronic stucture of nano sheet and I have a question
> about the
> K-point. I think for sheet we need sampling from gamma to K.
> Is it true?

Any direction you want. Depends on the structure of your nano sheet.

 So in bands calculation for k-point I should choice { crystal }. Am I
> right?
> I couldn't undrestand about points of { crystal } in k-point from gamma to
> K.
> what are these points depends on?

Go to pwsfc website. In the Tutorial section you will see a link about
Summer school at Santa Barbara  (2009). Download the exercise of week 1, day
1. Details and example of a band structure calculation can be found in this
exercise.

Duy Le
PhD Student
Department of Physics