[Pw_forum] on nosym=.true.

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 12:28:43 CET 2010

Dear Mahmoud,

>I sometimes encounter the message:
>"the symmetry opetarion  #... is not ...", and sometimes this problem causes the
>program stop

Another way to overcome this message is specifying  options nr1=N1,Nr2=N2,nr3=N3
Then you should not specify nosym=.true.

>using  "nosym=.true.", what symmetry operations are ignored,

I suppose, all symmetry elements are ignored

>where should I  refer to find out which symmetry operation number refers to
>what?

In the &system section add verbosity='high' and have a look at output file.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University,
Sweden

Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys,
Russia,

isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com