[Pw_forum] (solved) Error in phonon calculation and during tests also?

sonu kumar 1009ukumar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 14:22:02 CET 2010

 Respected Prof. Paolo Giannozzi, Lorenzo Paulatto, Ali Tavana and all QE
users,

Thank you very much for your help.

Problem is solved with gfortran compiler ( gcc version 4.4.1 ).
All the tests and phonon calculations are working fine.

>did you pay real money for your compiler? complain with Intel.
>If not, try a different compiler (or a different version of the
>same compiler)

I used latest non-commercial version of intel fortran compiler.
Will try to check with other intel compilers.

>About one year ago I met a very similar problem with the sun compiler.
>After a long debugging session I was able to track it to a specific
>compiler bug: loop counter was not incremented at loop exit (for
>sufficiently complicated loops). Reducing optimization to 1 for compiling
>iotk solved the problem.

will try with -O1 flag.

Sonu Kumar

Phd Student