[Pw_forum] Details on "third order derivatives not implemented with GGA" error

Lorenzo Paulatto Lorenzo.Paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Wed Nov 10 15:41:09 CET 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:03:33 +0100, Paolo Giannozzi
<giannozz at democritos.it> wrote:
>> I am interested in getting a feel for what would be needed to
>> implement the third derivatives with GGA into the code
>
> a sizable amount of algebra and some coding. See PH/setup_dgc.f90
> and PH/dgradcorr.f90 for derivatives of the XC functional

A PhD student here (T Wassman) has been implementing it for a few months
now, he is currently testing it. It will be ready sooner or later, but
don't hold your breath.

If you want to get a feel, you can contact him directly (I'm not sure he's
following this mailing list) he is Tobias.Wassmann at impmc.upmc.fr.

cheers

--
Lorenzo Paulatto