[Pw_forum] atomic positions

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sat Nov 6 08:39:57 CET 2010

Dear Bayo Mus
   looks like a derivative of SiO2 (silica) with 1/4 Si substituted by
Al and some compensating (interstitial ?) alkali metal.
   Silica itself can crystallize in several structures
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sio2).
   If you have in mind a specific crystalline form of  KAlSi3O8 you
should look for its crystallographic information and Wyckoff positions.
   This information should be sufficient to set up an initial set of
positions for a relaxation.
stefano