[Pw_forum] Visualization of Results

Miguel Martínez miguel.martinez at ehu.es
Thu May 20 14:14:28 CEST 2010

plotband.x should help with that. Both postscript and xmgrace output.

Regards,

Miguel

On Thu, 20 May 2010 08:00:16 -0400 Vikas Varshney <vv0210 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear developers,
> Thanks for all the answers.
>
> Dear Paolo,
> I did not intend to visualize the phonons. I wanted to see the phonon
> dispersion relation. Which postprocessing code should I use for that.
> In general, where I can find the information where the output of all
> the executables in PP/ directory is mentioned and what information I
> would have to provide for each of them, if I want to use them.
>
> Best Regards,
> Vikas
>
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Paolo Giannozzi
> <giannozz at democritos.it>wrote:
>
> > Vikas Varshney wrote:
> >
> > > I also tried to visualize the output of example02 (phonon
> > > spectra) using PP/pp.x but was totally unsuccessful.
> >
> > you can't visualize phonons with a postprocessing code that is
> > meant to visualize the charge density, potentials, etc
> >
> > P.
> > --
> > Paolo Giannozzi, Democritos and University of Udine, Italy

Dr. Miguel Martinez Canales
   Department of Physics & Astronomy
   University College London
   Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT (UK)
Fax:  +44 207 679 0595
Tlf:  +44 207 678 3476

 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and
 we exchange these apples then you and I will
 still each have one apple. But if you have an
 idea and I have an idea and we exchange these
 ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

 George Bernard Shaw