[Pw_forum] Visualization of Results

Vikas Varshney vv0210 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 20:09:21 CEST 2010

Dear Developers,
I am a new user of QE and currently going through various examples (along
with tutorials) to understand the software. I have few questions regarding
how I can visualize some results.

I have VMD installed on my machine but do not have XCrySDen. Is it possible
to input the output files (.out format as outputted from the calculations)
directly somehow to VMD to visualize molecular relaxation (like example03).
Or do I need to install XCrySDen?

I also tried to visualize the output of example02 (phonon spectra) using
PP/pp.x but was totally unsuccessful. Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Vikas