[Pw_forum] Question on epsilon.x

Andrea Ferretti ferretti at mit.edu
Sun May 16 14:40:54 CEST 2010

Dear Vidur,

the "shift" parameter is used in epsilon.x to shift the transition
energies (computed as differences of eigenvalues, thus "shift" works as a
scissor operator). Imposing a non-zero shift value basically changes the
origin of the frequency axis in the spectra.
If you do not have any special reason to use it (eg set empirically the
DFT kohn-sham gap close to the experimental one, etc), just set it to zero
(or leave it out of the namelist)

Andrea