[Pw_forum] Quantum ESPRESSO v.4.2 - Examples -results

Madan Mithra. L. M snd2mra at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 15:49:27 CEST 2010

Dear All,

Giving feed back of the test run of Quantum ESPRESSO v.4.2.
I compiled Quantum ESPRESSO v.4.2 in IBM 720 Cluster (XLF compiler, Linux, 64 bit, power5 processor), but when I ran the examples, a number of examples fail. I reduced the optimization level to -O0 and used the built- in lapack, Blas and FFTW routines, but there was no channge in the results - many of them failed dumping the core.

On another machine (Dell Cluster, multicore, intel ifort 11.1 64 bit, Linux) I ran my test that uses EXX (PBE0), it showed segmentation fault. Same error was found with IBM XLF compiler too, on another machine when the EXX was tried. In all case both the built-in libraries as well as the architecture specific libraries were tried with no success. No code optimization was enabled.

Here is the list of errors from the code compiled in IBM

02 :: running the phonon calculation at X for Si...Error condition
      encountered during test: exit status = 139 (CORE Dump)

06 :: running the phonon calculation ...Error condition encountered

07 :: running the el-ph calculation...Error condition encountered (CORE Dump)

09 :: running normal mode calculation for CH4...Error condition encountered (CORE Dump)

14 :: running the phonon calculation for Si at Gamma...Error condition encountered (CORE Dump)

15 :: running the response calculation...Error condition encountered (CORE Dump)

22 :: running the phonon calculation for Pt with spin-orbit coupling...Error condition (CORE Dump)

24 :: running ph.x at Gamma for Pt with gga-pbe and spin-orbit coupling...Error condition (CORE Dump)

32 :: running the phonon calculation for C at Gamma...Error condition encountered (CORE Dump)

33 :: running the dynamic polarizability calculation ...Error condition encountered (CORE Dump)

35 :: running ph.x at Gamma for Si with gga-pbe and spin-orbit coupling...Error condition (CORE Dump)

- Madan

                         Madan Mithra .L.M
                         Senior Research Fellow
                         Dept.of Physics