[Pw_forum] Error with Xcryden for view input and output of pwscf file

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed May 5 10:41:43 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 10:31 +0200, Tone Kokalj wrote:
> I believe having a whitespace in directory name is not a very smart idea
> under Unix. It may break many scripts.
>
> Nevertheless I adapted xcrysden script, and now it seems to be able to
> deal with it (at least it works on my computer). You may try it
> yourself. The script is attached to this email, you need to copy it to
> your $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR.

Well, actually I just realized that the patch works for XSF files, but
not for the PWscf files. The latter is too much involved to be adapted
(and it would become a mass).

Hence may recommendation is: don't use the spaces in the directory
names.

Regards, Tone
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html