[Pw_forum] Occupations

Masoud Nahali masoudnahali at live.com
Mon May 3 23:48:21 CEST 2010

Dear QE users

Is "Occupations" variable necessary for Metals? It seems that the "tetrahedra" along with occupations variable is not suitable for optimization calculations !
my studing sample is Graphite and I do not know that the specifying of the metallicity is needed or not?  a simple physical definition of "occupations" should be useful for me. I could not find a clear one in the forum. Is this variable related to the how should one  select the K-POINTS !?

Masoud Nahali
SUT