[Pw_forum] flow-chart in PWSCF

Ngoc Linh Nguyen nnlinh at sissa.it
Fri Mar 26 15:11:13 CET 2010

S. K. S. wrote:

>   Now just to be fully sure, I would like to ask, does  PWSCF follow
> the attached flow-chart (Please see the attached file) where
> density-convergence is being checked????

I think after step of "mixing charge density" where to create a new
density, a density convergence will be checked.
And a  faster Harris-Foulkes estimation will also be calculated, which
based on new density and previous density, to justify the convergence
belong to energy.

> On the other hand, in the earlier link:
>  http://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/vasp/vasp/node199.html
> energy-convergence had been checked.

In general, the scf processes are similar, but in QE a density
convergence check is applied to accelerate convergence in scf
caculation, i.e. see in PRB 38,  12807 (1988).

Linh

 Nguyen Ngoc Linh, PhD Student
 c/o:   SISSA & CNR-INFM Democritos,
        via Beirut 2-4, 34014 Trieste (Italy)