[Pw_forum] AMD Open64 Compiler Suite

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it
Tue Mar 16 20:31:16 CET 2010

Thanks Paolo,
On  a old dual socket opteron 248 I tried to compile PW
using the default gfortran.
Apparently it works. You mentioned that gfortran is buggy.
Which version is buggy?
I tried with 4.1.2
There are also newer versions (on another machine I have
the 4.3.4), but I did no try yet...

Concerning the AMD Open64 I was wondering if it is worth
to try.
Perhaps it would make sense only in the case of new AMD
CPUs of some
"power", not my "old dual socket Opteron 248" (I'd like to
try the new 12 core Magny-Cours...)

However, first or later I hope I'll be able to find some
spare time to try to install open64 and try....

Cheers,
   Carlo