[Pw_forum] Fortran compiler

Miguel Martinez Canales miguel.martinez at ehu.es
Tue Mar 16 18:15:06 CET 2010

Dear Paolo,

As I still haven't got an Intel license for my nw workstation and I'm
actually planning on using OpenMPI with gfortran for a while, I was
wondering what kind of bugs I should expect when coupling gfortran
with quantum-Espresso. I suppose it's not as bad as using the Portland
Group Compiler, though.

Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at democritos.it> escribió:

> Vo, Trinh (388C) wrote:
>
>> I don’t know which free compiler and  MPI are most suited for QE.
>
> what is written in the user guide still applies: gfortran works,
> sort of, but it is buggy. g95 works nicely but it produces slow
> executables. All non-buggy, properly installed MPI libraries
> work.
>
> P.
> --
> Paolo Giannozzi, Democritos and University of Udine, Italy

Miguel Martinez Canales
   Condensed Matter Physics Dpt.
   UPV/EHU
   Faculty of Science and Technology
   Apdo. 644
   48080 Bilbao (Spain)
   Fax: +34 94 601 3500
   Tlf: +34 94 601 5326

  "If you have an apple and I have an apple and
  we exchange these apples then you and I will
  still each have one apple. But if you have an
  idea and I have an idea and we exchange these
  ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

George Bernard Shaw