[Pw_forum] calculation which will result in the change of the supercell symmetry

mohnish pandey mohnish.iitk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 13:56:12 CET 2010

Dear PWSCF users,

  I am doing relaxed calculation for gold nanofilm. I am trying to get the
result of an experimental paper computationally. The calculation is for
(001) surface. The reference is
 " Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, 751–754 , Thickness Induced Structural Phase
Transition of Gold Nanofilm"But I am not getting any surface transition from
(001) to (111) . Can anybody please suggest how to do calculation which will
result in the change of the supercell symmetry. I couldnt attach the paper
because it is showing that "mail size is too large cant send the message"

Sincere thanks in advance.
MOHNISH PANDEY

My input file is

&control
    calculation = 'relax'
    prefix='gold'
    outdir='/home/rajpala/Desktop/gold_3layers'
    pseudo_dir="/home/rajpala/Desktop/gold_3layers"
 /
 &system
    ibrav= 6, a = 4.23203772,c=20,nat= 6, ntyp= 1,
    ecutwfc =
35,ecutrho=280,occupations='smearing',degauss=0.015,smearing='gaussian'
 /
 &electrons
   diagonalization='david'
   mixing_mode = 'local-TF'