[Pw_forum] cannot open ps file in Ghostscript

Ngoc Linh Nguyen nnlinh at sissa.it
Wed Mar 3 15:41:01 CET 2010

> Sview 4.9 2007-11-18
> GPL Ghostscript 8.64 (2009-02-03)
> Copyright (C) 2009 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
> This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
> Displaying non DSC file
> C:/cygwin/espresso-4.1.2/MyGraphene/mgraph.bands.ps
> %rom%Resource/Font/NimbusRomNo9L-Regu... 4186528 2023766 8335848 7042296 2
> done.
> Error: /undefined in NaN
> Operand stack:

It seems to be an error in the .ps file.
The error NaN (Not a Number) implements that band.x running is not
completed or is an error when it run. Check again the relevant output
files if they are available or not?

> What could be the possible problem..I tried to use ghostview but it says
> no such command..any suggestions?

"no such command" means the ghostview command has not configured yet. If
you are using Linux environment, you can install "gs" and open .ps file by
"gs"

Good luck

Linh
 Nguyen Ngoc Linh, PhD Student