[Pw_forum] Energy conservation in Verlet-MD?

Norbert Nemec Norbert.Nemec.List at gmx.de
Thu Jun 24 17:42:49 CEST 2010

Thanks, Stefano -- inspired by your information I tried various versions of PWSCF and finally found out that a uncommitted patch that I had believed to be completely independent actually slightly messed up the forces during the SCF loop.

Will not be easy to fix the problem, but at least I have identified it now...

-------- Original-Nachricht --------