[Pw_forum] pseudopotential

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Mon Jun 21 11:54:03 CEST 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:35:26 +0200, Giuseppe Mattioli
<giuseppe.mattioli at mlib.ism.cnr.it> wrote:
> Hs is not present on my periodic table...
> G.

Hassium, formerly known as unniloctium or eka-osmium is an artificial
element; from wikipedia:
<<The element was first observed in 1984. Several isotopes are known with
269Hs being the longest-lived with a half-life of ~10 s. There is also
tentative evidence for an isotope 277bHs with a measured half-life of
~16.5 minutes, which would make it one of the longest-lived superheavy
nuclides. More than 100 atoms of hassium have been synthesized to date in
various cold and hot fusion reactions, both as a parent nucleus and decay
product.>>

If anybody had a pseudopotential for it, it would be by far the element
with the highest ratio for the number of available pseudopotentials over
the number of available atoms. Honestly, I doubt there is any serious
application for it in the field of condensed matter physics.

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto

*** Note: my affiliation has changed! please send future
correspondence to: <Lorenzo.Paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr> ***

post-doc @ IMPMC/UPMC - Université Paris 6
phone: +33 (0)1 44 27 74 89
www:   http://www-int.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/