[Pw_forum] error while compiling the start_q, last_q, start_irr and last_irr technique

Elie Moujaes elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jun 5 00:06:46 CEST 2010

Dear Andrea,

Thanks very much for the information. In fact, when I am running the ph2.in file (for q=2), it runs normally and doesnt give any error except that the output does not have a dynamical matrix i.e. the output looks like:

Program PHONON v.4.2       starts on  2Jun2010 at 17:44:23

     This program is part of the open-source Quantum ESPRESSO suite
     for quantum simulation of materials; please acknowledge
         "P. Giannozzi et al., J. Phys.:Condens. Matter 21 395502 (2009);
          URL http://www.quantum-espresso.org",
     in publications or presentations arising from this work. More details at
     http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wiki/index.php/Citing_Quantum-ESPRESSO

     Ultrasoft (Vanderbilt) Pseudopotentials
     Starting q   2 larger than total number of q points  10 or of last q   1

     PHONON       :     7.04s CPU time,        7.83s WALL time

     INITIALIZATION:

     init_vloc    :      0.02s CPU      0.02s WALL (       1 calls)
     init_us_1    :      0.02s CPU      0.02s WALL (       1 calls)

     DYNAMICAL MATRIX:

      General routines
     cft3         :      0.03s CPU      0.03s WALL (       3 calls)

so it is empty underneath DYNAMICAL MATRIX. The only way i was able to get rid of the recover error is to omit recover=.true. in the ph.in program but I guess this is essential. I will also post the scf calculation below:

&control
    prefix='phmonog',
    calculation='scf',
    restart_mode='from_scratch',
    pseudo_dir = '/espresso-4.2/pseudo/',
    outdir='/tmp/results_MOUJAES/'
    verbosity='high'

 /
 &system
    ibrav=  4, celldm(1) =4.608737, celldm(3)=5.0, nat=2, ntyp= 1,
    ecutwfc = 110.D0,occupations='smearing', smearing='methfessel-paxton', degauss=0.01
/
 &electrons
    conv_thr=1.D-10,
    diagonalization='david',