[Pw_forum] Acknowledgment to this forum

vega lew quantumdft at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 19:13:56 CEST 2010

Dear sir,

I could remember in the days when I joined this forum. At that time, I know
nothing about how to build a cluster, how to compile and run QE in parallel
and even how to do a scientific research. It is Axel Kohlmeyer, you and
other scientist in this forum to tell me how to use QE and do my own
research.

I still remember the word that you lecture me.
For example, "i would trust more a colleague next dore (whom, at least I
could tease and ask questions) than a journal, ANY journal, no matter its
impact factor, publishing company, title ...";
"what is good for a system may be totally wrong for another, unless you know
exactly WHY it is good in one case and you are sure that the same argument
holds for the second. this only YOU can say, after sweating quite a lot to
understand by yourself, which, I understand, you are not quite prepared to
do";
"it sounds like somebody led you to believe that the purpose of science is
to publish in high-impact journals. are you sure this is really the case?";
and "If I were to describe in one sentence what makes the difference between
modern science and ancient knowledge systems, it is the role played in the
former by the "doubt": never trust a truth unless you can give by yourself a
correct answer to a legitimate question. and reproducibly so." etc.

It has been more than two years since I joined this forum. I found someone
who used to be very active had been leave here for something more important,
such as Axel Kohlmeyer, Eyvaz Isaev and so on. I am always laying their help
by my heart. You and your team is still here to develop the QE. I really
appreciate everything you did, which makes our investigation possible.

I think many users like me are not the proper person the contribute to the
codes or the forum, because my background is not physics. But I think what I
could do is to use Q-E to find something interest and useful and make Q-E
more well-known.

Hope Q-E and this forum become better and better.

best wishes,

vega

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Stefano Baroni <baroni at sissa.it> wrote:

> Vega: congratulations for your publication!
> I am really really moved by your nice words.
> Thank you for being with us, and best wishes for a brlliant and long
> scientific career.
> Stefano B
>
> On Jul 30, 2010, at 2:49 PM, vega lew wrote:
>
>  Dear developers,
>
> My first paper published as communication (**DOI=10.1039/B920128A) in PCCP
> today.
> The link is http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2010/CP/B920128A
>
> During the preliminary stage of my study in this paper, I learned a lot
> from this forum. With the help from many scientists in this forum, I have
> built a small cluster, understood some basic problems about calculation and
> done my own scientific study etc. I want to say 'thank you' to everybody who
> replied my questions and provided very helpful information to me.
>
> And I also express my gratitude to this forum in the acknowledgment part of
> my communication.
>
> thank you again
>
> best wishes,
>
> vega

> Vega Lew ( weijia liu)
> Graduate student
> State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
> Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, China
>

> ---
> Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center - Trieste
> http://stefano.baroni.me [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) /
> stefanobaroni (skype)
>
> La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale de la
> pensée - Jean Piaget
>
> Please, if possible, don't  send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments
> Why? See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Vega Lew ( weijia liu)
Graduate student
State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Email: vegalew at gmail.com
Office: Room A705, Technical Innovation Building, Xinmofan Road 5#, Nanjing,
Jiangsu, China