[Pw_forum] Fourier interpolation

HaoPan adehaopan at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 21:49:32 CEST 2010

Dear Baroni,

The kpoint grid I chose is 60*60*60.
    nk1=60, nk2=60, nk3=60,

I think that is fine enough. Because the q point grid is just 6*6*6.
For metal, the frequencies of the gamma point are  alway not zero (some small negative value) .
Some may cause the frequencies around the gamma point negative. But even all q points I got are
positive, there exit negative frequencies after the matdyn.x calculation. I don't know why.

Sincerely,
Pan Hao
Tulane University

the kpoint grid you are using may be too coarse
dynamical matrices in metals are indeed smooth functions of k, unless you have Kohn anomalies
SB