[Pw_forum] Is restart of phonon calculations reliable?

Bipul Rakshit bipulrr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:28:55 CEST 2010

yes u can use recover option to restart and it gives the same result, as yr
continuous job.

recover generally restart the calculation from the last scf step, but
sometime it shows some error. So it is always better to start the
calculation from the beginning of scf steps. To do this just type

rm OUT/_ph*

where OUT is your directory, where your output data's are stored. (outdir =
'./OUT',)

Remember just remove the files not the whole directory

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:15 PM, sonu kumar <1009ukumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all Quantum Espresso Users,
>
> Is restart of phonon calculations due to power failure/ system shutdown
> etc.
> is reliable?
>
> It happened with me after running a program for two days. Should i restart
> or start again?
>
> Thank you !
>
> With Kind Regards,
> Sonu Kumar