[Pw_forum] band structure of graphene-size effect of unit cell

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Jul 22 09:42:46 CEST 2010

Dear Loc Duong Dinh,

   have you haver heard about "refolding" of the band structure (in the context of supercells)? If not, first have a look at some good electronic structure textbook.
The band structure is actually the same, but in practice you are visualizing it in a different way. Try to compute the (fully converged) DOS for the two different unit cells and compare them (with appropriate weights). What do you see?

GS