[Pw_forum] c_bands: 4 eigenvalues not converged

Masoud Nahali masoudnahali at live.com
Sun Jul 18 08:38:42 CEST 2010

Dear PWscf Users

I get the below lines in the first iterations but after the iteration  #  4
or 5 disappears and again in the next steps the story repeats.

 Davidson diagonalization with overlap
c_bands:  1 eigenvalues not converged
c_bands:  4 eigenvalues not converged

As proposed in the manual and forum I tried to ran the Job without
considering symmetry and the number of such lines reduced but did not
disappear completely and
the vc-relax calculation in such way is too time consuming and not completed
yet.
My system is a 3 layers graphite with palladium impurity. I do not know that
I must be worry of encountering such lines or not? Also, May you please say
me the "c_band" is related to my Carbon atoms or not? I appreciate your
help.

 &CONTROL
  calculation  = "vc-relax",
  etot_conv_thr= 1.0D-4,