[Pw_forum] Question about vc-relax

Hande Ustunel hande at newton.physics.metu.edu.tr
Thu Jul 15 07:56:14 CEST 2010

Dear Alejandro,

I think cell_dofree under the CELL section would do what you were looking
for. If you would only like to change the lengths of the cell vectors
without changing the angle inbetween them, you could use the option

    cell_dofree='xyz'

The internal parameter on the on the other hand would be spontaneously
relaxed during the geometric optimization to its optimal value obeying the
constrictions you have placed in your input.

Best regards,
Hande