[Pw_forum] LDA+U character

ali kazempour kazempoor2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 20:55:23 CEST 2010

Dear Matteo
Thanks many for your reply. But my special case is for the defect states (has d-character  )in TiO2 that is in resonance with conduction band and is filled with 2 electrons. When I increased the U from 1 to 4 I saw that the defect state bieng pushed up instead lowering of this state as we expected from theory of LDA+U. Is it true? Moreover for another defect state that is empty and is above conduction band I saw it  being peshed down in contrast with LDA+U expection. But when I perform GW@ GGA+U I see that the behavior is reversed in which empty states being pushed up while filled state is pushing down. what does it mean? is it rational?
thanks a lot

Ali Kazempour

Fritz-Haber-Institut fax : ++49-30-8413 4701
der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft
Faradayweg 4-6 e-mail: kazempou at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
D-14 195 Berlin-Dahlem / German