[Pw_forum] q2r.x for a perticular q-point

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sun Jan 17 10:56:03 CET 2010

Dear Bipul Rakshit,
 q2r.x is used to generate an interatomic-force constant file (to be
used with matdyn.x) from a set of matrices corresponding to a
gamma-centered regular grid of points in the BZ.
  the single K point does not belong to the 1x1x1 grid nor it forms a
complete 6x6x1 grid... hence the error messages you get.
  ph.x does however compute the frequencies at the end of the run ... so
what need do you have for q2r.x+matdyn.x ?
  stefano